Mike Bresnahan wrote:

If you don't mind commercial software ParaSoft Insure is a very nice
replacement for Rational Purify and it runs on Linux.  At the time (early 2000)
I thought it was at least as good as Purify - though I only evaluated it as I
could not get full approval for a license purchase.  I remember thinking that
if I was going to develop commercial software on Linux I would buy a copy.

sjp