TranMicro (http://www.tranmicro.com) has some removable cages that work
well.  I have one and my roomie has like 3 of them.  Under $20 each too.
I'd go with the IBM drive, I've only had good experiences with them.  As far
as compatibility with Linux goes, it doesn't matter, a drive is a drive for
the most part.

For a boot manager, Mandrake 7.2 comes with both LILO and GRUB.  They both
give you a menu interface, but the grub menu is nicer.  If you're just
partitioning your new drive, you shouldn't have to worry about losing the
data on your windows drive.  Make sure your windows drive stays the master,
windows won't work unless it boots from the master.  I'd install LILO on the
master drives MBA.  If you use Mandrake, it should automatically add your
windows partition to the boot manager for you.