Has anyone experimented with the mutt facility for connecting to
external contact lists for mail address choice/completion?  I'm trying
to get myself pried off outlook, and what I'd like is some such
contact manager that (1) hooks into a mail program I like (either
emacs vm or mutt) and (2) is synchronizable with a Palm.  Any
suggestions?  I saw that there's a configurable address query
interface in mutt, but I didn't find any good examples of how to use
it.

Ideally, I'd like a relatively minimal tool --- I'm not sure it would
be a huge win to go from a bloated tool like outlook to evolution,
which looks pretty bloated, too.  But I haven't used evolution, so I'm
probably just slandering it.

Thanks!