I can't imaging it would be hard for a determined person to hack it.  Since
you don't know the frequency it will hop to next, all you have to do is have
the resources to listen to all possible frequencies that it uses, record all
of them, and use some sort of algoritm to reassemble from there.

Use IPSec over your wireless link.  It makes frequency hopping unneccesary,
and offers much higher security.

Jay