steve ulrich wrote:
> [...]
> there was some discussion regarding this.  it would be nice to know if
> we're within the bounds of PoE for this application. i'm doing some
> research to see what APs we'd be able to use for this location that
> would have low power req'ts whle providing us with some flexibility in
> the network functionality side of things.

I believe that we're within PoE range. Certainly within range of
pulling an additional 18 gauge pair along with cat 5 if required.
If my memory isn't letting me down, I want to say we needed 180'
of heliax to get from the radio room to the antenna (mounted at
the SE corner of the cooling towers.) There are other locations
that would need more, but the usual range for PoE that I hear
bandied about is 300'
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634