Ben Kochie wrote:
> [...]
> We discovered there is a nice little shack on the roof where we can feed
> coax from.  and would not need a weatherproof enclosure.  just a small
> wall mount rack cabinet or similar.  from there we can run coax cable to
> antennas.  this should cut down the needed coax to 100 feet or less.

I think you might get into hot water using 110V there. It's most
definitely a damp location - might even qualify as wet. I'd
have to check the NEC, but I don't think that it's OK to use
the power outlets up there for a fixed installation. I'm not
even sure I'd want to use those outlets, without knowing where
they were getting their power from. There are huge motors on top
of the cooling towers, lots of nasty transients around.

There are a couple of TV cameras & microwave links up there
also (one at the top of the ladder up the evaporators) - where
do they get their power from ? We could follow that lead.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634