> ISP sets up VPN server on network.
> ISP offers pay-for-access model to anyone, but doesn't mention TCWUG,
> just makes a pretty map.
> Users have no knowledge of TCWUG and what the network is coming from
> TCWUG gets -$0- and falls fast into disarray with glut of new users.
>
> I've also done some thinking on how to mitigate that situation and I've
> come up with a bunch of blanks.  Most of them revolve on how to provide
> open access to individuals while denying abusive access.

keep in mind that we probably don't have to worry about controlling access
for some time... we've still got a long way to go before having reliable and
halfway-widely-available access across the 'Cities. Only at that point does
it start to become a concern, I think.

Your points are valid tho, and well-taken.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises