> > [...]
> > Why are you not interested in using the adapter cards ? If price
> > is the problem, MPC in Eagan currently has Lucent adapters for $10
> > (I believe they use a TI bridge chip, not a PLX.)
>
>My bad - they are $20.
>--
>andyw at pobox.com
>
>Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634

The reason I didn't want to use PCMCIA/Adapter combo is because attaching
external antennas is nasty and flaky most of the time. I know you can buy
pigtails for a bunch of the cards out there including the Orinoco (~ $40 for
pigtail)...

Over the weekend, I did end up buying the linsys WMP11 for my leeenux!
The installation for client setup was pretty straight forward using the
wlan-ng driver.

Now I am going to try setting it up as an AP. I am not sure if Jouni
Malinen's driver will work as someone had suggested earlier. That driver is
written for PCMCIA cards, and I have a PCI card.....I suppose I will find
out.

Asim