Asim Beg wrote:
> Just curious what you guys think of yesterday's article in Star Tribune.
> http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/1130636.html

The pricing is a little vague. Concourse/iPass are going
to somehow extract money from corporate accounts, but
if you've got a wireless laptop anyway - it's free.
Am I the only one that can't make that add up ?

If you go to the concourse/ipass web sites, you'll
not find a whole bundle of info about pricing - they
seem to be following the wayport et. al. model from
what I can tell. Time for an email to concourse...
I'll post what I find out (if anything.)

> I was amused by one of the comments on slashdot:
>
> "Unless the thing supports IPSec, it would be 100% useless for business
> travelers
>
> Last time I was at the IETF, in Pittsburgh, Marconi was running the show and
> gave everyone 802.11 cards. I plugged mine into my notebook and fired up my
> Ethernet sniffer, which collected approximately 700+ webmail
> username/password pairs, over 100 POP logins, a good littering of telnet
> logins, a bunch of tunneled CIFS logins, and other assorted good stuff.
> Enough to crack into a user account at a large portion of the represented
> telco R&D firms. What I learned at IETF that year: the telecommunications
> world was still too stupid to be allowed to own wireless ethernet.

I can vouch for that. At Nanog22 during one of the breaks,
someone put up a slide with 40 or so passwords on it that they had
snarfed with dsniff.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634