> I do believe it's completely possible to build the network, keep it stable,
> and very usable. I see the network as an overlay network regardless of what
> anyone calls it (car, truck, motorcycle.. they're all still an automobile)
> different access points will decide, on their own, weither or not they're
> going to allow internet access from their access point. There's no need
> to discuss it, because it's not a group decision. The overlay vs. hotspot
> question is moot, access points that wish to connect to each other will,
> access points that either cannot, or will not, connect to the rest, won't.

I heartily agree with this; this is what I always expected will happen
anyway... people/nodes will decide for themselves how much connectivity they
will give/recieve (wired and wireless); and we're likely to just fall into a
loose 'federation' of nodes, if anything.
	making anything more organized happen, will require exponentially
more effort; and it remains to be seen if anyone has the
drive/knowlege/charisma to make it work. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises