On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:42:03PM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
>Anyone with a hotspot that's open to the public please send me the
>following:
>
>Street Address or GPS Coordinates
>SSID
I feel confident you have the data currently to add me to the list,
please do so.

>Optional:
>Hardware in operation/future hardware planned
>		(ie, DLINK-900AP, 8db external antenna

I do chage hardware quite frequently, but I usually keep the essid at
AAA
Currently it is an SMC2652 AP with the stock antenna. (reception is
better on the front porch :-))

>Any special information required to connect (WEP keys, IP configuration)
I will be putting up a web interface to the AP in the near future, but I
will probably put the auth info on the same page.

>I plan on building a web page where this information can be entered and
>dumped into a database, but to get things moving /now/ I'd like to start
>with this. As soon as I've got a bare minimum list of sites I'll generate
>a map.
Are you sure you can make a map of this stuff?

>My hope is that we could integrate this part of the system into the
>bootable CD system, along with whatever package we decided to setup for
>the people wanting to compile/install/maintain their own system.
>
>I'd like to get a unified system up ASAP with a generic AUP, firewall rules
>(we _really_ don't want Joe Slimeball abusing our access points), and
>centralized authentication with backup servers.
>
>More to come.
More to come.

--
                	--*--SpencerUnderground--*--
http://autonomous.tv/			       spencer at autonomous.tv
Key fingerprint = 173B 8760 E59F DBF8 6FD2  68F8 ABA2 AB08 49C7 4754