matthew-

very nicely done.  in looking at the nodes it looks like we have a few
places where we might be able to have some overlap but it looks like
as we had suspected we're pretty well spread out.  i think the best
hopes we have of getting cooperative node links are between my
(pending) second node and AAA and jack who is also in the area.

i have my reservations regarding a node between myself and aviateur
given the significant foliage between us and the fact that i can't see
anything in that direction (despite the fact that i'm actually on a
hill) because of the foliage.

it seems to me that there might be a couple of different ways to skin
this cat.  if we're keen on the wired hotspot mode of operation we
might want to see about getting more people interested in our
activities here.  this has the added benefit of getting us more
potential access point locations.

in order to minimize the pain of doing this for people we should make
it as straightforward as possible which brings us back to the cookbook
configuration concept.

the other way to skin this cat seems to be to find locations where we
can put up hub nodes that have decent LOS to a few folks and see about
getting wired connectivity to these locations.

other thoughts?

when last we saw our hero (Tuesday, Jun 11, 2002),
 Matthew S. Hallacy was madly tapping out:

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC