With regard to my original post (pasted below), thanks for the advice and the
interesting thread. I did NOT buy a WAP11 and couldn't find a Cisco AP on eBay. I
was able to find a factory recertified SMC2682 Bridge and it is functioning very
nicely as an AP. Once I figured out how to get it up and running it has not
hiccuped even once. The web interface is very easy to access. I can do it from the
wireless client. So far, so good. Attractive thing about this unit is removable
whip antenna leaving open possibility for easy installation of external antenna
when I get around to it. Range with the whip antenna on a second floor by a window
is a couple of back yards.

P. Sheehy

  1. I'm ready to set up an AP. Have one wireless client set up. Have high
     speed internet access.
  2. Would love to get a Cisco Aironet 350 series but ... the price is just a
     little up there.
  3. The word I'm getting is that the WAP11 is a good low-price choice.
  4. Before I take the plunge ... anyone have any last words of advice?
  5. Anybody have or know of any great deals that I don't want to pass up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P. Sheehy