From: tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of Joel R. Helgeson
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 3:32 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: RE: [TCWUG] Cisco Aironet 1200...Thoughts???

I've got one.  It's a pretty slick looking box.  It does not come with
the 802.11a radio yet. It only comes with the .11b radio.  It does not
come with ANY antennas, they must be ordered separately.  This little
unit can be powered through a standard power adapter (like the 340) or
inline power (like the 350).

The 802.11a radio, when it is released, will come with its own captured
antennas. It is all part of the .11a specification.  If you have dual
radios in the 1200, you CANNOT power the radio over a powered switch
(such as a 3524xl-pwr).  It draws too much current.  You MUST use the
inline power module that you purchase separately from the switch.

It comes with a nifty wall mounting bracket. You mount the bracket to
the wall, then slide the AP in place, then you can put a small padlock
on the AP to secure it to the bracket, this is of course to keep it from
walking away.

I'm very impressed with the unit; I just received it this past week at
work.

I'll let you know as I play more with it.

Regards,

Joel