>  - common authentication infrastructure - karl has offered a server to
>  handle some of the elements associated with creating a common
>  authentication infrastructure.  i suggest interested parties start
>  hammering out designs for this element

let's start by asking the fundamental question of 'what are we trying to do
here?'

possible answers that have been discussed:
- roaming NoCatAuth authentication: if NoCatAuth admins subscribe to a
  centralized authentication service, users who register with that service
  can go to NoCatAuth nodes that subscribe to the service, and get
  connectivity.
- simple dynamic DNS, using wget and a CGI
- 'real' DDNS, with BIND 9

all of the above could be done, no problem.

the first two, are the sort of thing that killdeer.tcwug.org was intended for.

the last one, Nate Carlson has generously offered to host on his own DNS
server. I judge that to be a superior idea to using killdeer.tcwug.org; tho
killdeer could be used as a secondary DNS server. (considering that they're
in the same rack, and share the same UPS and hub, the value of that is a bit
dubious, tho).

are there any other ideas that I have missed?

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises