I second microcenter, but I may be biased. I also work there :) I guess the
prices are higher than what you can get cards for on the web, but that's to
be suspected.

Anyhow, i've been gathering equipment for the last month or so and have an
8db omni, a 24db directional grid and a 12db omni coming in the mail. The
difference between having the built in antenna vs an external antenna with
some real gain is enormous. On my way to work with just the orinocco card,
i grabbed 5 access points; whereas with the 8db omni i grabbed 50!

I've had good success with the guys at fab-corp (www.fab-corp.com) and plus
they have the orinocco gold card on sale for $80.

War driving rocks! hehe

Later

At 10:52 AM 3/8/2002, you wrote:
>So where is a good local place to buy a good card and AP? Know any deals?
>I'd like to also be able to use an external antenna with my laptop. Any
>suggestions on models? (Must be Linux compatable)
>
>-- Clay

Jeff Lehman

Licensed Amateur Radio Operator -- KC0JBP

Email: jeff at digitalguy.net
GPS:  http://map.findu.com/kc0jbp*