On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Jacqueline Urick wrote:
> I'd really like to get started on setting something up in my apt, so I
> can surf at the coffee house a block away and on my patio. Is this
> feasible? Where/what do you recommend I start reading?

Depends what's between you, your patio, and at the coffee house.  :)

Do you have los (line of sight) to the coffee house from your patio?

if you do, you may be able to throw a directional antenna pointed at the
coffee house on your patio, and get everything you need.

otherwise, you'll have to convince someone to come out with a buncha gear
to see what we can rig up! :)