Jacqueline Urick wrote:

> I'd really like to get started on setting something up in my apt, so I can
> surf at the coffee house a block away and on my patio. Is this feasible?
> Where/what do you recommend I start reading?

Do you want to set up a network at your apartment (do you already have
cable/DSL ?) and use the same card in your laptop to access the coffee
shop; or access the coffee shop from your apartment/patio ?

One is a potentially geeky/eyecatching antenna setup, the other
is making the right equipment & configuration choices (i.e. you
probably don't want the people from the coffee shop "accidentally"
associating with your apartment's network.)
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634