Chris Elmquist wrote:
> For any of the amateur Alchemists out there...  has there been any
> success in turning Lucent Silver cards into Gold ones?  ie, upgrading
> their firmware from 64bit WEP to 128bit?
>
> The rumor on the street is that this happens on Apple platforms when
> their new Airport software is installed on the machine-- it automatically
> upgrades the firmware on the silver card.

Looks like it is true, this link just flew by on the seattle
wireless list:

http://www.wifi-paris.net/index.php/UpgradeSilverToGoldEn?PHPSESSID=bebddff27592e5c88dfac900f03e7650

Perhaps someone can supply a suitable Mac for a flash-a-thon,
which would give us a long overdue excuse for a face-to-face
meeting. There's lots of names out there that I know I've
never met. We could do all kinds of show-and-tell..

Anyone interested ?
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634