steve ulrich wrote:

> these are some impressive outputs.  i'm particularly impressed
> with the x-section that you've got displayed in the 2nd image that you've
> linked to.
>
>  - of interest to me is the display of the fresnel zone and what i surmise
>    is the straight line topology as calculated by USGS data?

Yup. And if you look under the colors on the other maps you can see the
topo lines in them as well. The thicker lines are at 100 meter height
intervals and the thiner lines are 10 meter intervals.

> this is a really nice tool - do tell what is it?

It's called Radio Mobile and the program is downloadable from
http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html  It's not all that easy to set up
and requires a fair amount of technical knowledge about the equipment
you're using and of antenna systems to get the displays right.

They tell you where to get the USGS data from. The US data takes almost
3gig of space.

--
Bryan Halvorson
bryan at edgar.sector14.net