All:

First, it was great to meet many of you at the face2face meeting this week.  I look forward to formalizing some of our ideas and participating in a united effort. I think we can really do some good work once we get organized.

First of all, thanks to whomever it is that did the website re-design and is doing the hosting.  I think the site has a workable format for the time-being.  I wanted to address a posting made last week or so ago about the TCWUG website format and logo.

In addition to my day job I also have a small web dev company called Homepages Etc.  I would be willing to help with any of the site content posting and redesign work etc.  I also think that instead of trying to mess with a collab tool like "wiki" (to be fair I have never worked with it).  A browser based admin system might work (we use Cold Fusion and MS Access mostly for these...kindof our specialty).  To be most simplistic, we could just develop some site standards and templates for each section.  People can post content inside the template and then just email the files to a designated person to post.  I could help with that too if you want.

In general I think opening up access or messing with collab tools will be more hassle than it's worth.  If people can write basic html code or just write text in email and attach pictures it is rather simple to filter through a couple website admins and get posted.

I could also do the hosting at some point if needed but I think that is all being handled nicely at this point (thx again to whomever is doing that, sorry missed the intros at the first part of the mtg).

To start with I had one of my graphics contractors take a stab at a new logo.
You can see them here for now:  http://www.homepages-etc.com/tcwug/

I will monitor the list and take your suggestions and post more variations.  I can also tally the votes and discuss at the next meeting. If the webadmin wants to snag them and move to www.tcwug.org that would be great.  I can just email the mods to webmaster at tcwug.org.

- John

Homepages Etc., Inc.
Internet Consulting Services
6870 Sherwood Road