Jon Schewe wrote:
> > When you're running with WEP, what does "iwconfig <interface>"
>
> I don't have iwconfig as a command.  I've got ipconfig and that lists
> what one would expect for an active interface.
>
> > report ? It is possible that you're not even associating
> > with the AP.
>
> How would one tell this?

Find/install the wireless-tools rpm (or build from source etc),
then you can use the iwconfig command to manipulate the
interface (set keys etc etc) You'll want iwconfig anyway,
here's a list of rpms you can pick from:

	http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=wireless-tools

If you run it and it reports an AP mac address of all 0s or all 4s,
then it means that your client has not successfully authenticated
with the AP.

When you enable wep on the AP, are you also changing the authentication
from open system to shared secret ?
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634