I have a design question for a project that I am working on for my work.
I would like to run it past my friends here in the TCWUG to see if you
can see any flaws in my thinking or my design. Any feedback will be
valuable.

I am currently designing a Wireless Bridge between Fridley & Brooklyn
Park.  The total distance of the bridge is 4.45 miles.  We cannot obtain
direct line of site between the two sites without building a 200' tall
tower at the site in BP, but both have a clear line of sight to a water
tower in BP.  The distance from Fridley to the BP Water Tower is 3.88
miles; the distance from the BP site to the Water Tower is .941 miles.
I will be using 21dbi Parabolic Dish antennas at each site.

The design I am proposing is to use a passive antenna array atop the
water tower, just take two 21dbi Parabolic Dish antennas and connect
them back to back using a lightning arrestor, having one dish point to
Fridley and the other to the BP office.  I figure I could pull this off
because of the short distances involved, and the customer doesn't want
to pay monthly rental fees to put a radio atop the tower (paying for
electricity & all), much less suffer the throughput loss (from 11mbps to
5.5mbps) that one does by using a radio relay.

I think this could work, but is there something I'm missing? Has anyone
else done this before?  I'd hate to recommend something that won't work.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Joel R. Helgeson

Director of Networking & Security Services

SymetriQ Corporation, www.symetriq.com

8500 Normandale Lake Boulevard, Suite 1670

Bloomington, Minnesota 55437-3813

Office: (952) 921-8869

Cell: (651) 270-7521

"An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends." - Benjamin
Franklin