Mike Ellsworth wrote:

>    Does anybody know the secret of getting a PC and a Mac to share an
>    Airport AP (an old one, one of the first) with security on? I tried
>    giving the AP a 13-character (104 bit) password, and the Mac worked
>    fine, but the PC didn't. Both worked fine without the password. The
>    documentation is maddeningly brief.

I thought some of the early airports could only do 40bit WEP
(they had an orinoco silver card inside.) Not sure why the Mac
would work in that case, but it's so often the case that
Macs "just work", isn't it ? Try cutting back to a 40-bit
key and see if that helps.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634