Hey gang-

Yep. I second Matt's opinion here with my experience: A mac didn't
generate the same key for our 64-bit passphraise we used on an Apple
Airport. It seems that my Linksys software didn't generate the same key
as the Mac, and when I tried Dlink's key gen, it agreeded with the
Linksys. Go figure.

Regards,
---Matthew Genelin---

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 02:04:52AM -0500, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:58:13PM -0500, Mike Ellsworth wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > Yeah, I tried a 40-bit key first, but WinXP seemed to want 104 bits (I seem
> > to hazily remember - this was last week). Anyway, I'll try 40 again.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Input the key in hex, not the phrase.
>
> Older non-spec-compliant hardware is known to generate the actual wep keys
> differently from the same passphrase
>
> as for windows, just enter 13 digits for a 40 bit key, it'll figure it out.
>
> --
> Matthew S. Hallacy                            FUBAR, LART, BOFH Certified
> http://www.poptix.net                           GPG public key 0x01938203

 ---//\/\atthew  (|_;enelin---

- Matthew Genelin                     (612) 636-2472 (cell)    -
- Engineering Student                 (651) 636-1842 (parents) -
- University of Minnesota, TC         n0ynt at amsat.org          -