On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:22:46PM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:

> Have you found any HomePNA devices that work under Linux? I looked about 2
> years ago, and couldn't find squat.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384561356&skuId=4777405&type=product

linksys, 14mbit max, 56bit encryption

fyi, the sis900 stuff (AMR riser on any ecs k7s5a/pc chips M800LR motherboard)
is supported by SiS themselves, apparently the AMR is dual-purpose modem and
homePNA, and works well in linux. (they wrote the driver that's in the kernel)

> I actually want a bit more than 10mbit (the box that will be in the living
> room is going to be a box running MythTV, so I want to make sure there's
> plenty of bandwidth for video.. 10mbit *should* be enough, but more won't
> hurt); I've heard that with 802.11g you can realisticly expect ~15-20mbit,
> so I figured that'd be a bit better.. :)

mythtv rocks =)