On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 02:56:45PM -0600, Ben Kochie wrote:
> all 802.11b WEP is worthless.. 40bit takes several hours to break, and
> 128bit only takes a few more than that.

I'm under the impression that if you have sufficiently intelligent
firmware on the base station and client cards, they can avoid using the
"weak" WEP keys, which prevents the airsnort-style attack from working.

I don't know how secure WEP such a "careful WEP" is.  Clearly a more
carefully-thought-out system such as IPSec is more likely to be secure.

-andy