Most wireless devices that I have seen will actually have the MAC stickered on.

For access points you can find the MAC in the administration software.  I'm pretty sure most access points will let you change the MAC in the access point administration software.

________________________________

From: tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org on behalf of Leif Pihl
Sent: Fri 1/16/2004 2:30 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: [TCWUG] 2nd Question: MAC Addresses

A friend of mine has set up a Debian Linux Firewall with three sub-networks (and RJ-45 Ethernet cards) for our house.  One of these is dedicated JUST for a Wireless Network.  I know that Ethernet (RJ-45) cards use what are called "MAC Addresses", as I had to look them up.  (Each computer on the network had to have its MAC Address added to a list inside one or more of the Firewall's files.)

 * Do Wi-Fi (802.11x) cards have MAC Addresses?

 * If yes, how do I find what it is?

Thanks,   leif at pihl.us