wireless wrote:
> [...]
> I have a wireless network that is encrypted (64bit) and the encryption
> is generated by a passkey. I recently purchased another access point to
> put on the network -- a D-Link DWL-800AP. It does not have the ability
> to generate encryption using a passkey. Instead, one must make up the
> codes for each of the four keys. I don't know what characters my passkey
> would translate into. Is there some kind of table I can access somewhere
> that would tell lme that?

That's unlikely to be a productive approach. I'd recommend
the alternative of switching every thing over to a known
hexadecimal key. Almost all systems I have seen have the
ability to enter a key directly, instead of using a
passphrase (which the software just cooks down to
use as a key anyway.) To further add to the confusion,
each manufacturer's passphrase -> key algorithm is different.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634