when last we saw our hero (Monday, Jun 07, 2004),
 Mike Ellsworth was madly tapping out:
> . . . and as long as you don't care that your Web traffic doesn't
> travel over the VPN and thus is in the clear.

and why wouldn't my http traffic go over the vpn?  clearly the http
traffic needs to be cleartext at somepoint, but that's going to be on
the "other" side of the network, well beyond the "untrusted" portion
of the encapsulating packet.  if you're dumb enough to run in split
tunnel mode when you don't trust the access infrastructure you get
what you deserve. ;-)

{ snipped - misc .signatures }

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC