Some access points have been known to be more reliable if you turn off (or minimize) logging, due to large logs consuming RAM that is needed for stability.

Try turning off logging in your WAP for awhile to see if that increased the mean time between required power cycling,,,

Alternatively, review and clear the logs daily (or automate this function to download and clear the logs several times per day).
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Feyen
  To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
  Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 12:39 PM
  Subject: [tcwug-list] Netgear WG302

  I have a new Netgear WG302 but it doesn't hold a connection to it over a couple of days of activity.  I find that it works best when I power cycle it every morning.

  In hopes of getting this access point reliable, I have updgraded the firmware to  3.0.4 (Nov 15 2004) .

  Does anyone else have the same access point and found it to be reliable?  Or at least found a fix for it?

  Thanks.