At 2:00 AM -0500 6/23/05, <mgenelin at fastcomputerserviceco.com> wrote:
>With all due respect, is this on-topic for this list? What does this have to
>do with WiFi?

Good point. I should have elaborated.

In attending conferences and meetings on E-Democracy or
E-Deliberation, I'm finding increasing interest in the issue of
municipal WiFi projects, such as what is being proposed in
Minneapolis (and also St. Paul).

Some might say, that municipal WiFi systems are the infrastructure
for the E-Democracy of the future (or at least one possibility). I
know, that as a member of E-Democracy.Org - I'm very interested in
the WiFi project being proposed in St. Paul and feel as if this is
something that E-Democracy activists need to pay close attention to.

Its been my impression, that this group is very interested in public
accessible WiFi networks. To me, this is very relevant to the work
that I do in the field of E-Democracy. That's why I've followed this
list for the last year or two.

I know at least one of the guests at this International E-Democracy
event is very interested in city wide WiFi networks and would love to
chat about what is happening in Mpls. Bob Carlitz of Information
Renaissance.

I hope that this helps,

Tim Erickson
E-Democracy.Org
651-643-0722

Tim Erickson              http://www.politalk.com
St. Paul, MN - USA                   651-643-0722
tim at politalk.com             iChat/AIM: stpaultim