haudy, et al -

interestingly, i've received a few emails about this little notion of
mine recently.  i don't know where the resurgence in interest has
come from but there's some really good info in that link you've
provided.

btb - i've killed the mailing list that was in place for this
microcasting discussion along w/the tc-unwired content and lists.
given the apparent dearth of activity in this arena in the twin
cities, it seemed only reasonable. i can resurrect a microcasting
list if there's interest.

at the risk of being nosey, what's been going on locally? it's been
months since i've been able to attend a meeting, has the group died
on the vine?  am i talking into a vacuum?

On Jun 27, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Haudy Kazemi wrote:

> At 08:44 AM 11/8/2004 -0600, steve ulrich wrote:
>

>> all-
>>
>> this is tangentially related to some of the discussions that have
>> taken place here in the past, but i figured i'd float it by folks
>> here
>> as well.  lately, my curiousity has been piqued in community radio
>> and
>> community media.  however, there's a shortage of options available to
>> folks in this domain.
>>
>> loosely related to the notion of creating a wireless data network
>> within the twin cities metro area is the notion of microcasting
>> content onto the FM spectrum in support of a larger community effort.
>> i've attached some musings in this regard, with the hopes of
>> searching
>> out likeminded/interested folks who might be interested in such a
>> project.
>>
>> for those of you who've secretly longed to be a DJ or host a talk
>> show, or just admire pirate radio operators, this might be just the
>> thing for you.

{ snipped - misc. signatures }

> Steve Ulrich's article 'microcasting in the twin cities
> metropolitan area'
> is available at http://www.botwerks.org/microcasting/
> ---
>
> I know this is a really really late followup message, but I say
> better late
> than never!
>
> Here is another microcasting discussion and implementation:
> http://fm.thing.net/

{ snipped - web page text, it was long }

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC