To:
Steve Ulrich, TCWUG,
TCWUG info &/or TCWUG Webmaster  and
Minneapolis City Councilmember Gary Schiff (Ward 9),

     cc: the "tcwug-list at tcwug.org" list server:

Gents:
I went to the Mpls DFL convention this past Saturday May 14th.
(No Endorsement for Mayor;  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!)
While there, I had a brief conversation with my councilman, Mr. Gary
Schiff, of Ward 9
(http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/council/ward9/).

I mentioned to him:
the TCWUG.org web site (http://www.tcwug.org/),
how you have meetings (http://www.tcwug.org/meetings/index.html),
typically every second Tuesday of the month,
how your organization is better informed as to Wi-Fi (and Wi-Max) issues
than most other people,
and my concern that the proposed City of Minneapolis' Wi-Fi network be
"done right", including (but not limited to) compatibility with Wi-Fi
versus Wi-Max.

* I hope that this memo, sent to all of you, will start a conversation
between the TCWUG and Mr. Schiff,
such that Councilmember Schiff, one of the decision makers regarding the
proposed Wi-Fi network in Minneapolis, will be better informed with his
own questions, concerns &/or requirements  when the city's staff comes
to him with the proposed system.

* Please invite him, or his aide, to one of your meetings such that you
can exchange information, and hopefully result in a better Wi-Fi system
down the road.

* At the very least, please send him some sort of a summary of your
concerns so that he can pass them along to the relevant staff members.

Thank you,

Leif  O.  Pihl

.