Re: (ASCEND) Set-up problems

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, D Morgan wrote:

> We just purchased a Pipeline 75 and it has been configured to disconnect
> after 120 seconds if there is no activity.  It disconnects but after
> about 10 to 15 seconds, it reconnects and stay on for another 120
> seconds.  This happens even when all my brousers are closed.  The
> company that installed it and everyone else I talk to say they have
> never heard anything like this.  Can you help or point me in the right
> direction.

Look for workstations on the Ethernet that might be sending "broadcast"
packets, and whatnot.  The culprit about 90% of the time is a Windows95/NT
box with NetBIOS configured.

Either disable NetBIOS on the workstations or you should be able to setup
filtering on the P75 to prevent the traffic from going out the wan/ISDN
port.

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com>
Beta Engineer
Lucent Technologies (Remote Access Business Unit)
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)