Re: (ASCEND) Max TNT MPP question

At 23:35 1998/01/29 -0800, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>At 03:50 PM 1/30/98 -0500, Jim Howard wrote:
>>At 10:04 1998/01/30 -0800, Bruce Robertson wrote:
>>>Does the TNT support MPP on the unchannelized T1 ports?
>>we are currently considering deploying several TNT units
>>at multiple telco CO, and using dual T1 circuits between each site...

>It's not the speeds of the circuit, rather the number of MP endpoints or
>channels. If you have dry copper between the sites, why not try SDSL? We
>are adding a feature which will allow you to do MP between two SDSL lines.

well for one, we'll be partnered with a new CLEC,
so our inter-office traffic can ride over their fiber ring,
(for much less cost than renting Bell copper)
and bandwidth wise there is no need for a DS3 yet,
but more that one DS1 is quite likely even just starting out.

We're not completely sure yet that we'll be able to
make it all work, as we're still trying to get engineering plans
from Bell to find out if our prospect sites are on real copper,
or fed from an SLC somewhere...

Is anyone else doing DSL with a TNT yet?
If so are you doing it in small towns where everything
is fed through a single wire center?

Our nightmares are that we'll have these boxes in a dozen COs (at least)
and wondering if management wise, it will be worth the hassle.

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D