Von: Wolfgang Kuehnel
An: ascend-users@max.bungi.com
Cc: eedwgk@eedn.ericsson.se
Betreff: (ASCEND) Question: ISDN dial-back using radius
Datum: Montag, 2. Februar 1998 18:45

Hi,

I'dont know if this has been discussed before, as I'm relatively new
to the list. I also checked the FAQ, but no clue.

I'm trying to set up my max/radius in the following way:
 - Incoming calls from certain IDSN users should be disconnected
and called back, without any charge on the ISDN bill of
the incoming user. This basically means that the call has to
be authenticated using (only) the D-channel. The CLID must be
used to call back.

I've managed to have this running by using a profile stored
directly in the Max.

But when I move this profile to the radius' "users" file,
the users seem to have to run through the CHAP before the callback
happens. This causes the B-channel to be set up for the incoming call.
This charges the calling users bill, what I want to avoid.

Ethernet->Answer->ID Auth is set to "Prefer", the radius user
entries are like this:

user1 Password = "zzzzz", User-Service = Framed-User
	Caller-Id = "987654321",
	Framed-Protocol = PPP,
	Framed-Address = 123.123.123.123,
	Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
	Ascend-Callback = Callback-Yes,
	Ascend-Send-Auth = Send-Auth-CHAP,
	Ascend-Send-Secret = "kkkkkkk",
	Ascend-Dial-Number = "0987654321"

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Wolfgang Kuehnel
--
Wolfgang Kuehnel                   voice: +49 911 5217 214
Ericsson Eurolab Deutschland GmbH  fax:   +49 911 5217 952

Nuernberg, Germany                 memo:  ERI.EED.EEDWGK