Re: (ASCEND) 5.0Ap42 for MAX products

One interesting thought here -- the IP address associated
with this profile is on the SAME network segment as the
Ethernet IF of the Ascend MAX.  Is that why the Ethernet IF
is getting the routing entry instead of the WAN XX?  I do
have Proxy ARP enabled for active sessions.

This is an interesting dilemma.  I'm guessing that this
is the root of the problem.

[snip]
>Regardless of the application, it is improper to route the
>entry to the Ethernet interface,  especially when the RADIUS
>profile calls for the route to go through the switched (modem) port
>explicitly.  For example, this profile does NOT work properly
>under 5.0Ap42:
>
>modem-route Password = "UNIX"
>        User-Service = Framed-User,
>        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>        Ascend-Route-IP = Route-IP-Yes,
>        Framed-Address = 208.133.30.33,
>        Framed-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>        Framed-Route = "208.145.43.160/27 208.133.30.33 1",
>        Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1,
>        Ascend-Idle-Limit = 64000
>
>(route 208.145.43.160/27 gets routed to the Ethernet IF, even
>though it should go to WANXX where the gateway address is
>associated with)

[snip]