Re: (ASCEND) Max upgrade to 6.0b4: watch out!

http://www.ascend.com/private/beta/newup.htm#1077406

>The extended load never takes place, leaving your max
>stuck in restricted mode with its configuration wiped out.  At this point,
>you need console access, or you're stuck driving to the co-lo to get it.

First, read the instructions. Then read them again, and then..... ;-)

>Once you get on the console, you have to reassign an ip and a gateway, and
>reload 6.0b4 again.  You then have to trestore the configs which you better
>have saved prior to all this.
>
>Here's one for you: go to 6.0b1 *first*, then to 6.0b4.  I tried doing this
>on another max and no problems whatsoever.

The 6.0b1 image was not an extended load...right?

PLEASE read the section entitled "Upgrade Instructions" on the BETA Image
index page *BEFORE* doing any upgrades to the 6.0 beta loads.

http://www.ascend.com/private/beta/betaimg.html      ->
http://www.ascend.com/private/beta/newup.htm

Kevin