Re: (ASCEND) Ascend radiusd and USR TCR - radius accounting

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:27:30 +0000
 Alex Bligh <amb@gxn.net> wrote:

> I haven't dumped the packets out bit by bit - if you remove the
> check that the MD5 results are the same, it all comes through OK.
> So either it's not filling in the authenticator (doubtful I'd
> have thought as the same thing happens on old USR s/w as the
> newest of the new s/w on their Hyperxxx platform), or Ascend
> and USR use a different method to calculate the authenticator.

Hmm, could this be an endian problem? IIRC you are a big sparc
chap Alex and the 3COM is based on Intel. [and I've read
the raduis code].

Just a guess...

Cheers,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking.            D E M O N   I N T E R N E T
neil@DEMON.NET    NetBSD-1.3 released! ftp://ftp.uk.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD