Re: (ASCEND) sick of lost of route problem with max4k

At 06:34 PM 2/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I just read up the notes on this case, and I wonder just how many people
>may have the same kind of setup. It seems a few simple (apparently logical)
>errors in the configuration could leave the system half-working like this.
>
>Would you care to share with us what the problem was in the end, so that
>we have closure on this and a "solution" in the mailing list archives.
>

>>to be stable. What lines in the connection profile on the max4000 do you use
>>when configuring a dial up client? It seems that the max4000 after a few
days
>>of use refuses to pass any packets beyond it self to or from the client.
This
>>REALLY bugs me.. if seems also that if i reboot.. i can get past it again,

We've also experienced this on an ongoing basis.   With 5.0Ap33, it only
happened about once every 2 weeks.   With 5.0Ap42 it happens almost daily.

We can fix it by disabling the static route and re-enabling it.   If the
user is online, they suddenly find the link operational again.   The trick
seems to be doing this without annoying the customer and getting the daily
"we're not connected" phone call from them...

Jamie Penner
Nisa Internet Technologies Inc.
Nanaimo, BC  Canada
EMail: jpenner@nisa.net