Re: (ASCEND) SNMP for Max4004

At 09:26 AM 1/15/98 -0600, Brett Hawn wrote:
>Then explain to me why when I called Ascend less than 2 months ago and
>mentioned the lack of this feature I was specifically told that it wasn't
>being done and wasn't being considered any time in the near future? Although
>this kind of laughable service is what I've certainly come to expect from
>Ascend, the left hand doesn't even know the right hand exists, let alone
>what its doing.

Whoever you talked to was probably looking into your demands to implement the
DoHangUp command. It is not planned. It was basically a left-over from the
IMUX line where physical ports are addressed to hang-up. It was never really
tweaked to the extent required by the session concept, and was eventually
dropped.

The correct way to do it has been implemented in the 6.0b releases -> 6.0
release.

Kevin

Follow-Ups: References: