Re: (ASCEND) VOICE in syslog

At 05:46 PM 2/19/98 -0800, Mark Brody wrote:
>Had our MAX 2024 up and running for less than a week. We are trying to
>troubleshoot slow modem connections and spotty 'unable to connect'
>problems. What does VOICE refer to in the syslog? shouldn't that say MODEM?
>some 56K users report speeds as low as 19.2 when they connect - same users
>also say they connect to a competitors MAX at 46.

VOICE/56K/64K are extracted from the bearer capability information in the
incoming ISDN setup message. There is no MODEM bearer capability, but both
regular POTS calls and MODEMS use the VOICE bearer capability.

Do any of the 56K users get 56K rates - i.e. above 32000 reported?

Also what version software is on the 2024?

Kevin

Follow-Ups: References: