Re: (ASCEND) Requested Service Not Authorized

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Jason Nealis wrote:

>  If I understand your problem correctly to fix things you need to turn
> these options on under :
>
>  Ethernet-->Mod Config--->>TServ options...
>
>  Once under there you will see options to turn on ppp and slip and other
> options to define telnet.
>

> Jason Nealis
> Director Internet Operations
> Network Access
> Erols Internet

I have upgraded to  Software +5.0Ap42+ and cleared all my configuration but
still have the problem.

my current Mod Config is:

90-B00 Mod Config
 TServ options...
 >TS Enabled=Yes
  Passwd=
  Banner=** Ascend Pipeline +
  Login Prompt=Login:
  Passwd Prompt=Password:
  Prompt=ascend%
  Prompt Format=No
  Term Type=vt100
  PPP=Yes
  SLIP=No
  CSLIP Auto Detect=N/A
  SLIP BOOTP=N/A
  V42/MNP=Will
  Max Baud=33600
  MDM Trn Level=-10
  MDM Modulation=K56FLEX
  Cell First=No
  Cell Level=18
  Telnet=No
  Rlogin=No
  Def Telnet=N/A
  Clear Call=N/A
  Telnet mode=N/A
  Local Echo=N/A
  Buffer chars=No
  Initial Scrn=N/A
  Toggle Scrn=N/A
  Security=N/A
  3rd Prompt=
  3rd Prompt Seq=N/A
  IP Addr Msg=IP address is
  Remote Conf=N/A
  Host #1 Addr=N/A
  Host #1 Text=N/A
  Host #2 Addr=N/A
  Host #2 Text=N/A
  Host #3 Addr=N/A
  Host #3 Text=N/A
  Host #4 Addr=N/A
  Host #4 Text=N/A
  Immed Service=None
  Immed Host=N/A
  Immed Port=N/A
  Telnet Host Auth=No
  PPP Delay=2
  PPP Direct=Yes
  7-Even=No
  Ppp Info=mode
  Clr Scrn=Yes
  Silent=No
  Packet Wait time=0
  Packet characters=0
  Login Timeout=300
===============================

To be able to change <Security> I have to switch on <Telnet>. <Security>
changes back to "N/A" if <Telnet> is set to "No" but still defines if a
"Login:" prompt appeares.

?

- Franz Penz

> On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Franz Penz wrote:
>

> > we are running a new MAX4030 with Software +5.0Ap33+
> > I want to do RADIUS authentication with merit-Radius and use the folowing
> > user file (I have already almost all deleted to get it working :-/ ):
> >
> > DEFAULT Authentication-Type = UNIX-PW
> >         Filter-Id = "unlim2"
> >
> > I can dial-in and log in with login:/passwd:
> > then I get the TServ - Banner and:
> >
> >  Telnet: is not Enabled
> > and the Prompt
> >
> > If I type in "ppp" I get:
> > ppp
> > Requested Service Not Authorized
> >
> > What I actually want is the MAX to start PPP automatically or to answer on
> > PPP packets, but even a manual start of PPP is not possible.
> > BTW: it does work if I use a local profile on the MAX.
> >
> >  help is welcome!
> >
> > - Franz Penz
> >
> > ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> > To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com