(ASCEND) internal routing (multiple MAX 4k) question...

Hello All,

I'm looking for the simplest solution to doing this.. wondering if anyone has
any suggestions.

I'm ditching an analog hunt group consisting of 94 USR couriers and installing
3x PRIs (same dialup number) each to its own MAX4030.

IP addresses for the dialups will be a combination of dynamic and fixed.
Dynamic for the majority, and fixed for SMTP gateway customers.
All the dialup addresses are in the same IP block and I'm looking for the best
solution for routing them all without having to subnet them across all three
MAXs.

One possible solution that did strike me is the following.. perhaps someone can
let me know if I'm thinking along the right lines ?

All 3 MAXs would be configured to pull dynamic addresses from the IP pool via
radius profiles, thus any of the addresses can appear behind any of the MAXs.
Hence, I'm thinking of setting up OSPF with the 3 MAXs peering together, then
the core router configuration which maintains static routing to the dialup
addresses can simply point to one of the MAXs, and let their peering take over
from there.  Alternatively, I would set up OSPF on the core router and peer it
with the MAXs directly so there would be no internal "hopping", and the dynmic
routing necessary for the dialup connections would be quick and seamless.

Would this be along the right lines I wonder ?

Any comments and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

 --
             Leland E. Vandervort
    lelandv@innotts.co.uk / leland@innotts.com

         the internet in nottingham, ltd.
Your Internet Service Provider for the East Midlands
    Dialup, Routed/Dedicated ISDN, Leased Line
           http://www.innotts.co.uk/
             [+44] (0)115 956-2288