(ASCEND) Re: (PIPELINE) diag commands

At 10:27 PM 2/21/98 +0100, Rob Dirksen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>What is the effect of the command nvramclear ? does it reset the unit in
>its "virgin" factory state without affecting the code ic. only clearing
>the configuration.

It clears the content of NVRAM, and then reloads from FLASH, so if you
have a saved config in flash (fsave previously) it will be restored.
Otherwise, it'll look like factory settings...

>Where do I find more elaborate help on all the diagnostic commands; some
>of the online descritions are pretty cryptic.

I don't know what work is going on in this arena, as the debug interface was
never meant to be part of the officially supported user interface. Many
of the command will change from release to release, and as it is not
a supported feature set, there is no guarantee that a specific debug command
will work in any particular release - or that it will NOT cause harm!

In general we try to ensure that the basic commands that support may want
to use are tested, but others (listed in the "help ascend") may not be.

Let me know if/when you have specific questions....

Kevin