Re: (ASCEND) restricted / extended loads

On Sun, 31 May 1998, Leon McCalla wrote:

> OK..
> this topic has been discussed over and over already i'm sure but why exactly
> is it that i can no longer upgrade Maxes remotely? all the software loads
> now require restricted loads first but restricteds don't include telnet.
> without telnet how can i tload the full version remotely.

What load are you using that doesn't allow you telnet access? I just
remotely upgraded 40 of my maxes from 5.0Ap46 to 6.1 without any problems.

Maybe you are talking about the TNT's? I now going from 1.3 to 2.1 you
need either connectivity to the ethernet port on the shelf controller or
console access but the other platforms should at least provide you with
telnet access from a restricted load.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)