(ASCEND) 6.1 BROKEN (Wan Pool Leaks)

 Well I deployed 6.1 tonight on around 40 4004's and they have been
up and runing for about 4 hours and lucky me I get paged at 4AM
to be informed that several  of the 4004's in the front of the hunt group
are giving out :

PPP: No IP Pool assigned

After futher investigation it looks as if 6.1 in my enviroment leaks
addresses out of the wan pools. (I've been down this road before :(

If you assign wan pools from pools defined locally on the Ascend I would
suggest people think twice before deploying this 6.1 code out in your
enviroment.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations / Network Access
Erols Internet (An RCN Company)

90-100 Sessions
 23 Active        ^

ascend% show pools

Pool#                Base         Count      InUse
   1            207.172.148.64      64         62
   2            207.172.157.96       8          7

 Number of remaining allocated addresses:    0

ascend%

And here's the next Ascend :

ascend% show pools

Pool#                Base         Count      InUse
   1           207.172.148.128      64         64
   2           207.172.157.104       8          8