Re: (ASCEND) Can't Pin pPp iP

At 17:05 1998/06/04 -0400, Bonnie Ritchey wrote:
>I'm a newbie to ascend so maybe this is a really stupid question...
>
>Whenever a user initiates a PPP session through an analog modem to the max2000,
>they are not only unable to start a telnet session, I cannot even ping the IP
>address assigned to them.  Has anyone come across this problem?

sounds like they are not actually getting an address configured on their end,
or the address they think they have is different from what your Max thinks.

what address does the max have in a "sho user"?
what address does the user's PC think it has?
  (win95 has "winipcfg", winnt has "ipconfig", unixes have "netstat -in")

maybe a routing problem?
if you login on the max, can you ping them? can they ping the max?

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D