Re: (ASCEND) Weird 4048 Prob?

    Hey Jim, look in the big screen named Main Menu and see if 50-000 is a
modem card or "Not Installed". If its "Not Installed" try rebooting your max
and see if your third 16-pack returns to service. If it does, keep an eye on
it, if it doesn't....RMA time!
    If you do see a third modem pack in the menu,. you might try rebooting
anyway. I have a feeling you will only see two of the three installed in your
menu. Good luck!

Jim Logan wrote:

> We have a 4048 on PRI's that was just fine - till *something* got changed?
> It now answers about 10-20% of the calls in an ISDN type mode (High Pitched
> tone -->>> Drop user).  It seems totally at random as to who gets in with
> an analog modem, had up to 28-30 users of the 48 ports active at a time.
> The Dchannel is set for first span ch 24, it only has 2 spans total.  I
> have experienced the same type problem on a CT-1 Unit. but that was for not
> having correct slots assigned, and calls getting directed to the Ethernet
> Bus rather than to a modem slot. This unit being Pri just shows all modems
> set for Slot 0, and no number assigned as that shouldn't be required for
> PRI with D Channel Signaling. I swear I've been up/down and
> backwards/forwards over all the settings and see nothing obvious.  Software
> Version in use is 5.0Ap11 on this unit.  Perhaps someone else's dump of
> their settings might get me back on track.
>
> ***** Top Net InterNet Services *****
> www.top.net            (402) 291-1542
>  Visit Our BBS at: www.hawgwild.com
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (304) 594-9075 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505

-- If you sit down at a poker game and don't see a sucker,
-- get up.  You're the sucker. (Story of my life)